Wednesday 4 September 2013


School started today and I am so terribly excited! I love my teachers and my classes. (Atleast I love them so far ;) Today we had our processional and formal beginning to another year of adventure. My first class was Pre- Calculus. I had a fairly decent amount of homework for the first day, but I finished it already because I am so happy to begin my last year of highschool. Today in English Literature class we learned how to insult people like William Shakespeare did in his plays, for example when someone is getting on your nerves just say, “You loggerheaded, dismal-dreaming canker-blossom” It not only gets your point across, but is quite humorous. Although I would ultimately advise you to just answer the “canker-blossom” with a kind word because the Bible says that “a gentle answer turns away wrath.” (Just saying) After classes today I came home and started working on my online class. I absolutely love that my online class requires me to look up Scripture and know it for the test. That is just one of the perks of taking classes from a Christian college. Although I LOVE Christian colleges, I did just finish applying to Purdue because financially it may be a better college for me. I would be absolutely heartbroken if I had to give up my dream of attending Taylor University, but I just would not be a wise steward of my money to spend it in such an extravagant way. Of course my dream of attending Taylor University has not ended yet because there still is a chance I could get a really great scholarship for that college, so right now I’m just waiting and praying. I trust that the Lord will guide me in making the best decision for my life.

Well I could talk about my Labor Day weekend, but in a summary it was quite relaxing. I seem to always get asked to do something, but for one reason or another those plans could not be followed through, which is truly disappointing yet I have to say going to my grandparents’ house does make life a little bit sweeter. My mom, sister, and I went up to my grandparents’ house after church on Sunday and stayed until the afternoon on Monday. We went swimming, biking, walking, and eating. J It is always such a pleasure getting to see my grandparents. My mom really wanted to take us boating, but that didn’t work out this year, so maybe next year if anyone has a boat and would like to hang out with our family on Labor Day, my family would love to go boating with y’all! J Other than that I have been baking a lot especially because when I was making Chocolate Coffee flavored cupcakes I accidently added too much buttermilk and so I ended up quadrupling the recipe, which by the way makes enough cupcakes for my family, the Pastor and his family, and all of my neighbors. Let’s just say thankfully the cupcakes tasted delicious because we have a lot of them. I also made three different kinds of breakfast recipes and an apple oatmeal sauce that tastes delicious when it is warmed up and poured over vanilla ice-cream. That’s all for now folks!

Taylor Good
 
 
Symphony on the Prairie with friends

 Science experiment: Red cup= hot water   Green cup= cold water
 This is a regular glow in the dark stick that produces a cold light as shown below. The light does not emit heat.

 Obviously you can see that cold water dims the glow sticks light while hot water enhances the light.

 This is my newly acquired talent: Origami with dollar bills {I'm so talented :) }
My classes for 2012!
 Why must I need so many school supplies?

 Walking trail view on my Labor Day stroll 

  mom and grandpa
 Not really for sure what these are. I just like them.

First day of School! First day of Senioritis! Last first day high school! (Don't we look great in our school uniforms) 

2 comments:

  1. Glad school started for you. Make it a great year. You are a high school senior only once, so make the most of it. (By the way, can you send cupcakes through the mail??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your uniforms. You both looks so good in them. I'm sure every one that got cupcakes was mighty happy for them. I always like getting baked goods too. I have no clue what all your books are about this year. Guess it's good I'm way past school age. :) Good luck in school this year. Love grandma Rosie

    ReplyDelete