Tuesday 26 February 2013


Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Art- something I am not good at. I like to sit and doodle, but sitting down to draw a realistic picture is a whole other story. The right side of my brain does not work as efficiently as the left side of my brain. My brain does well with math, science, and things that use the left side of my brain, but art, writing, and things that use the left side of my brain do not come naturally to me. I’m getting better at using both sides of my brain, but it does take work. Yesterday at the end of art class my art teacher, Mr. Branch, asked me to write about a usual day in art class. So I’ve been thinking about how to approach this task. Well here it goes… Everyone takes there good ole time moseying their way into art class and then they find a seat. Now you must remember that there cannot be two people seating right beside each other. There has to always be an empty seat in between each person. Then Mr. Branch takes attendance while we pull out a number 2 lead pencil, special drawing paper, and our notebooks. After inspecting who all has remembered their proper art materials, Mr. Branch gives a brief speech on whatever we are supposed to learn that day and then we start. Some people are in a race of time to try and complete their art projects as quickly as possible, while others meticulously sketch each line and then critique it trying to make it perfect. I happen to be the meticulous one and each art project takes me FOREVER!  About halfway through the class our teacher comes around to make sure we are doing okay. During that time he looks for anything that might be wrong. Usually Brooke and/or Daisy are completely done with the project; Eric and I are still on the first step; Jeremy brings us all some good comic relief; and everyone else is somewhere in between. Jeremy, Mr. Branch, I and whoever is sitting beside us usually join in conversations of the most absurd things. If only there was a little camera on the wall so I could play back for you the happenings in that little art class of mine. By this point in time art class is pretty much over with. We all bid one another farewell before heading off to our next class. I think that is a fairly reasonable overview of a normal art class with Mr. Branch.

As a little ten year I won a cd from Moody Radio. The cd was by Jill Phillips. It’s called “Writing on the Wall.” About two days ago I pulled out some of my old cds and decided to sit down and listen to my music in one of those “old fashioned” cd players. As I began listening to the Jill Philips cd I noticed that the words are full of Scripture and speak of God’s truths. The songs’ lyrics are all quite encouraging to me, but her song “Sacred” really stood out to me. The lyrics are as follows…

It’s the clichéd writing on the wall
Funny how it’s been there all along
And all the while you’ve listened to
Anyone who had a point of view on what you should do
 
The liars in your head are growing loud
They say you’re in too deep to turn back now
And answers seem so hard to find
You wonder if you still can change your mind… change your mind
 
There’s something to be said for patience
So hold on to what you know is sacred
Don’t let your only dream be taken
And cashed in for everything you’ve hated
 
You have something there that can’t be sold
A lifetime full of secrets to be told
And it is not too late to choose
The narrow winding way that few men do… so few men do


 

I obviously do not take any credit for these lyrics and did not come up with them, but I do own a copy of her cd. They are just absolutely beautiful lyrics and are hopefully somewhat encouraging to you as they are to me. If you have never heard her music I would recommend looking up her album “Writing on the Wall”. I have listened to her cd over and over again for four hours straight now. I really like it!

 

Please pray for me because tomorrow I will be taking the National Latin Exam. I am just a little bit nervous, but I have been getting A+’s in Latin so I’m not exceedingly worried.

 

So long for now!

Miss Good

 

I don’t want to make this super long, but I want to thank all of you who have kept up with my blog. I have had over 4,000 views! This is extremely exciting and appreciated, since that wouldn’t be possible without all of you who read my posts. I know I only started this to keep in touch with my family members and friends while I was living in Canada, but it has reached so many others. Thank you for your continued reading as I love to share with you what has been going on in my everyday life. Hope you have a blessed day,

 Taylor Good

1 comment:

  1. Ok Tay, I finally read all of your blogs. You are an interesting writer. It looks like you kids all have much more fun in school then we did. Nobody would want to go back to 1950. We didn't dare move or we'd be in trouble. School is fun any more. I'm glad for you too. The picture you drew for us is still funny to me. Grandpa's head is misshaped but you just did what you had to do to get the drawing done..:) It is so cute! I'm sure you are doing better these days. Keep up the good work. We are proud of all your work and proud of you.. grandma R.

    ReplyDelete