Friday 22 February 2013


Friday, February 22, 2013

Between life and school I have been keeping quite busy. Right now I am touring colleges and have decided to major in organizational leadership and supervision, which is essentially business management. I really liked the idea of majoring in bio-med. Engineering, but I believe something business related would suit me better.

        As some of you may know my grandfather passed away in September of 2008 because of pancreatic cancer. Because of his passing away right now I’m looking into the details of organizing a group together to walk with me on May 11-12 for Relay for Life. Relay for Life is an organization that supports the American Cancer Society and raises both money and awareness to help save people’s lives. I want to help give others with cancer a chance at life. All I am asking is that you give up an hour or so of your day to support this noble cause. If you would like more information, their website is definitely a helpful resource. Here are some details you may like to know…

Relay for Life website: http://www.relayforlife.org/index

Date: May 11- May 12

Time: 10 a.m. - 10 a.m.

Place: Forest Park in Noblesville, Indiana

Relay for Life Phone #: 1-800-227-2345

I would love it if you all could come and walk with me as we support our loved ones who are both fighting against cancer and have already passed on because of cancer. Help the ones you love and take this challenge to spend one hour on a walk that may save a person’s life.

        I am also working on a project called “Sister’s in Christ.” Essentially my theme comes from Titus 2: 3-5 where it talks about older women encouraging younger women in the ways of the Lord. I am getting a group of devoted high school girls together to help me with this. We will be Christ-like examples to a group of 1st- 4th grade girls. Please pray for wisdom in the planning and preparation of both of these endeavors.

        Tomorrow is my first dress rehearsal!! Nerves and excitement are flying high as I frantically gather everything together. Tomorrow we will practice the whole play together for the first time. Can’t wait to see how it ends up going!

So long for now… Miss Taylor Good
 
 
Some things I’m learning…
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. Galatians 6: 7-8
        -The choices you make today have an effect on your future
Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. 1 Corinthians 3: 18-19a
        -Being like people of this world will get me nowhere
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation. And uphold me by Your generous Spirit. Psalm 51:12
       -SIN STEALS JOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment