Tuesday 16 April 2013


Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I typed this up on Monday, so when I say today I actually mean yesterday.

Talk about an adventure. Today was nothing, but one adventure after another. It all started out when I was helping out in a cooking class. I normally help the struggling young gentlemen learn how to correctly read and follow a recipe. I decided to try and let them do it on their own, if only it was that easy. We ended up with rock hard butter in the mixture instead of softened butter, one tablespoon of cinnamon instead of one teaspoon of cinnamon, and cookie dough flung EVERYWHERE from the electric mixer. Needless to say I learned my lesson on just letting them have at it.

So then I was supposed to take my younger brother to track practice at a nearby middle school, but nothing seemed to go as planned. First the laundry machine dryer didn't finish until five minutes before we had to leave and guess who's track practice pants were in the dryer, yes, my younger brothers, of course. Then my mom tells us we need to fold the clothes before she gets home from baseball practice with my other brother, so we rush to fold all the clothes. Even with all the rushing we still left five minutes later then expected. Now I had already set aside an extra ten minutes in case we got lost while driving to track practice, but since the folding took longer then expected  we were down to an extra five minutes instead. I tell my brother it is time to go and then I get in the car. Now we only had an extra three minutes to get lost. Yikes! Finally  we are both in the car. I race off trying to avoid all red stop lights, large trucks, and people who are more concerned about their phone conversation then they are about driving on the road. We finally make it to the road that the school is on and I recall my mom saying something about turning right after a stoplight into a subdivision and following it back to the school, so I  go through a stoplight and have to quick slam on the brakes to turn right after a stoplight and then I realize I'm on some country road. So I quickly turn around and we are down to only two extra minutes. I see another stoplight ahead so I go through this stoplight and turn right into a subdivision. I could tell I was not in the right place. Quickly I pulled out my phone and located the school and my car's location on the phone's GPS app. We were only one minute away from the school. We still had enough time to get their. I pulled out back on to the road only to go through another stoplight and turn right for now the third time. Thankfully we were in the right neighborhood, but of course I missed the turn we were supposed to take once we were in the neighborhood. Thankfully my phone showed me another way to get to the school through the neighborhood. Three minutes late and we finally make it to track practice were I am now sitting and typing this out.

After track practice I was to bring him home. When he stepped into the car, he pointed out to me that I had illegally parked in the handicap only parking spot. You would have thought that by now not much else could have gone wrong until I had the brilliant idea to take a different way home then the way I came. As I began driving I quickly realized I had no idea which way I was going and I started to slightly panic when I realized I was headed in the wrong direction. So I turned around and knew I was now going in the right direction, but I still had no idea were in the world I was. If you haven’t figured it out already, I have NO sense of direction whatsoever. I looked over at my younger brother and sweetly asked him if I could tell him the truth and when he said yes I said, “I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE WE ARE GOING!” I just kept driving straight. Thank the Lord I finally came to an intersection that looked familiar. I quickly turned onto it and we were back on track. At that point I was laughing and crying from both happiness and shock. Finally we made it home safe and sound. Who would have known driving to track practice with your older sister could have been so eventful? J

(Tuesday) Thankfully today has not been anywhere near as eventful as Monday was. Today I learned about hymns, took four tests, and wrote an in class essay. I also wished my gorgeous friend, Anna, a Happy Birthday! Other than that today has just been a rainy thunderstorm kind of day. I’m not a big fan of lightning and thunder; it is a little scary for my liking. My favorite kind of rain is when the sun is still shining bright, but it is pouring down rain and of course I like it when there is a beautiful rainbow that follows. Well that is about all that has happened. Until next time…

Taylor Good







A quote that I really like...

"The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian. But the fact that I am a Christian does make me a different kind of woman." ~Elisabeth Elliot





A narrative poem that I am begining to write...


My Lost Hiding Place
Quiet, peaceful, tranquil, serene,
A four cornered room
Filled up with my dreams.
A place to think,
A place to pray
A place to find hope on those gloomy days.
Showered with green and pink and blue hues
To bring life and happiness to all who pass through.
A window so big to let sunshine flow in
With malachite curtains made of satin.
A frame full of pictures reflecting my past
With joyous memories that left way too fast
The walls know my story.
The walls know the truth.
The walls know that
I will be leaving soon.
No more late night talks with my mom,
 Or humorous stories with my sister Autumn.
No more space all to my self
Nor parents to run to for comfort and help
This grandeur place will be mine no more,
But rather left for a little boy.
To think, to pray, and to find hope,
But until that day I shall treasure my room.




1 comment:

  1. Wow Taylor, what a driving adventure. And I'm sure there will be many more.
    I love your poem. I was picturing your room and you in it. In my mind you will always be there. Love you.

    ReplyDelete