Wednesday 8 May 2013


Wednesday, May 08, 2013

This is a blog post I wrote last Monday, but couldn’t get around to posting until today. So here is last week’s post and then I’ll get into this week’s…

Today I got to talk with some of my favorite people, the little Sexauers. The youngest two are twins and say hello to me in the hallways every Monday, but today I actually got to have a conversation with them. They think I'm crazier at school then when I came over to their house and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not, but they do continue to ask if I can come over again so I think my craziness  is okay. I want to be able to tell them that I can come over, but I think I need to continue asking my parents if I can have them over at our house first. My parents are mostly hesitant to say "yes" because my dad is rarely home and time with him is precious. Also while I'm on the subject of my dad, I just would like to ask for prayer for him as he is going through some stressful things that could result in a variety of different things including moving, change of job title, and much more. Anyways enough about one of the few stressful situations in my life...  They, the youngest Sexauers, also have an older brother and sister who joined in our conversation about all kinds of things. I found out that the twins favorite color is purple and their moms favorite color is green (just like mine). I also learned about a candy shop out in California that they really want to go to and that their older brother was just out in California looking at colleges, which I already knew but loved hearing them explain to me in their own words. We also talked about the tooth fairy and how girls tend to grow taller quicker than boys. My conversation with them just made my day so much brighter.

This school year is about to finish up, but next school year seems to be right around the corner. Next school year I may be taking college classes, but who knows because if I take too many classes I won't get college scholarships, but I only have two more high school classes to take next year and both of them I would take at a college anyways, so now I'm in a predicament about what to do. Should I just take the two classes, should I enroll in college and not receive any scholarships, or should I take the two classes and take some other classes and graduate with extra credits? I'm not sure yet, but time is ticking away before I absolutely have to decide. I am so thankful to be able to pray to God about these things because if I wasn't able to pray I would be stressed beyond the point of even functioning correctly. I get worried and stressed so easily, but after I pray and tell God all of my problems I am able to take a deep breath in and out and just let God take care of what happens because he knows my future and His ways are always better than mine.

 

On Saturday I went to a friend’s wedding shower. It was beautiful! I loved the colors considering they were green and silver, my absolute favorite dream wedding colors. At work I got my first calligraphy set and Tiffany boxes. I have always wanted a calligraphy set and was so excited to sit down and practice using them. I still need a lot of practice, but I am so happy to be able to start working on my calligraphy. (Side note… if you didn’t know this, I do have a job as a personal assistant for a friend of mine.) Saturday night I took a friend out for dinner and then we watched another friends play. It was quite the experience, but those details will have to be told at another time because I have a lot more to say and it is almost midnight.

On Tuesday my English class sang each other’s hymns to start off the class. Then we read our narrative poems. It was quite interesting getting to here everyone’s poem and hymn. Everyone received at least one award for their hymn depending on what it was the best at, for example, I got both the most accurate meter and the most accurate rhyme for my hymn. So you can tell I didn’t spend as much time on the creativity as I did on the mechanics of the hymn. Oh well. I’m just glad that is done. This week for English class I have to write a persuasive paper on what grade I think I deserve to receive in English class for the year. I think it will be fun writing the paper, but it will take a lot of work and there are already hundreds of other English terms I will have to memorize, so this week will be kind of crazy. In history class we have to write a paper about a person we learned about in history class this past year and tell how they had some impact on our lives. I think I might do mine on Ronald Reagan, but I’m not sure.

Today, Wednesday!!!!!!!! It was a most beautiful and glorious day! I got an “A” on my Latin exam which is worth over 400 points!!! Then I sat outside basking in the sun, while I was working on my U.S. History final exam. Thankfully I finished it fairly quickly and will hopefully get an “A” on it as well. Tonight my Impact group girls came over to my house and we learned how we can be motherly to others without actually being biological mothers, considering all of us girls are too young to be thinking about having children of our own.

Well I seriously need some sleep tonight since I have a big day tomorrow.

Miss Overcommitted Crazy Lady

 (Taylor Good)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Gherkins=cucumber
Sable= black
Appellation=name
Blithe= care-free, cheerful (this is quite a funny thought when you think about the character Gilbert Blithe from "Anne of Green Gables"
 
 
 
Just some interesting figures of speech we're learning about in English class...
 
Metaphor
            - Time is money
            - Laughter is the music of the soul
          - Strength and dignity are her clothing
Simile
            - Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever
            -It’s fleece as white as snow
            -She appeared to be as delicate as a flower
Metonymy or synecdoche
            -The White House will be announcing the decision around noon today
            -All hands on deck
Personification
            - The stars danced playfully in the moonlit sky
                - The bees played hide and seek with the flowers as they buzzed from one to another
                - I can hear California calling my name
Apostrophe
            - Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone
  Without a dream in my heart
  Without a love of my own
-Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
 How I wonder what you are.
 Up above the world so high,
 Like a diamond in the sky
Hyperbole
            - I’ve told you a million times
            -If I can’t buy a new dress, I’m going to die
            -His brain is the size of a pea
Understatement
            -“Dad, I just was in a head on collision with another car, but there is just a scratch or two of paint missing.”
            -The calamari dish made by Bobby Filay was tolerable
Paradox
            - A rich man is no richer than a poor man
            - Drowning in the fountain of eternal life
            -What a pity that youth must be wasted on the young." - George Bernard Shaw
Oxymoron
            -Virtual reality
            -Definite maybe
            -Liquid gas
Pun
            - An optimists blood type is always B-positive
            - Corduroy pillows are making headlines
            - Energizer Bunny arrested -- charged with battery
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment