Tuesday 20 August 2013


Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I think the mosquitos ate me alive. I am extremely itchy all over. Not only was I eaten alive by the mosquitos, but I have a blistering form of eczema on my hands and feet, which is really irritating. It isn’t noticeable on my hands unless you are looking really closely and my feet just look like they have a lot of mosquito bites on them but nevertheless they are extremely itchy and irritating. Well that is a strange way to start off this blog, but that is what is on my mind right now along with college. My college classes start tomorrow! Yikes! I just hope that I am ready for them. I checked my university e-mail account and found almost sixty e-mails about things I would need to know if I was attending the college, for example where to get room keys and how to sign up for extracurriculars and so on and so forth. Of course I am not actually living on campus so most of the e-mails did not pertain to me, but some of them did. I really liked that the college kids could send out prayer requests to ALL the students via e-mail. Not only did I get to read through and pray for these people I have never met, but I could also send them back words of encouragement through the university e-mail. I don’t know why, but there is something about being a part of a college/university that has made me much more excited about going off to college/university. I honestly have been dreading my senior year for quite a while and it’s not like I’m jumping for joy to go off to college, but I have a sense of peace about going off to college. Today I filled out more college applications and earlier this week I filled out some college scholarships. This year may be stressful, but I know in the end it will all be worth it.

Yesterday I learned how to knit an infinity scarf without using knitting needles. All you need is some thick yarn and two hands. I tested it out with some old yarn we had laying around the house and it worked really well, but I wouldn’t ever want to wear it because the yarn is not soft or thick, so I may have to go shopping for some soft, thick yarn. I would go shopping tomorrow, but I have already planned to surprise my church’s senior pastor with his favorite dessert, warm homemade apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I hope he doesn’t read my blog before I have a chance to surprise him because I have been wishing to do this for a while and am just now getting around to it. I have a lot of ideas of how I could surprise different people who impact my life, but I only have so much time and money each day, so sometimes my ideas just have to wait.

You know what? I absolutely love my mother! She has more patience with me than I do with her. She also pays attention to little things I say and knows how to brighten up my gloomy days. One day I woke up and she had bought me a bag filled with a few of my favorite things. Another time she bought me citrus green tea because she knows I don’t like to drink pop. She also sits up at night and listens to me explain, cry, laugh, complain, dream, wish, wonder, question, and whatever else I do about life without interrupting me and without telling me she’s too tired or too busy or too stressed out. Nope, she just sits there and listens. Of course there are many a time when she has an opinion or two about something, but that just helps keep the conversation going. She is and will always be my number one cheerleader. She goes out of her way to make sure there is not too much on my plate, but just enough to keep me always going. She knows how to calm my worries, but most importantly I always see her striving to be that Proverbs 31 woman. Even when she gets frustrated by something or someone she will always go back and make it right with them. My mom works hard and diligently even when she doesn’t feel like it. Even though she hasn’t slept through the night in quite a number of months, she still wakes up at a decent time and works efficiently until she cannot work anymore and it is time for bed. My mom always refers back to Scripture when she makes a decision. My mom is diligent to pray for me, my family, and others on a daily basis along with reading her Bible and memorizing Scripture. I greatly value that my mom is able to admit that she doesn’t have all the answers in life because there are times when I feel like I need to prove myself to other people and so I try and act like I have all the answers, but honestly I make myself look more foolish than if I were to humble myself and truly admit that I don’t have all the answers in life and realize that I never will have all the answers in life. I guess this was just a roundabout way of saying “I love my mom and I want the whole world to know it!!!”

 

Sincerely,

Taylor Good  XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Taylor , what a precious statement about your mom. I hope she reads this sometime. you are also her pride and joy.

    ReplyDelete