Thursday 6 September 2012


Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Okay so my last post was not really an everyday overview, but more of something I had been thinking about. Today was my first day of Highlands Latin School. There was an official welcoming and everything. Today I had roll call. I haven’t had a roll call since I was in second grade. The little kindergarteners looked so cute in their school uniforms. This whole process to prepare for Highlands has been very drawn out since my mom wanted me to take charge of it, but she still needed me to check everything by her. Oh well, I survived it and am now enrolled. Mrs. Huston is my teacher. I will have to switch from classical Latin to ecclesiastical Latin. The biggest difference is the way you pronounce the words so hopefully it won’t be too hard to learn this new kind of Latin. I think having uniforms is quite a smart idea because it puts everyone on the same level and you are not judged by what you are wearing. It also sets a precedence of being proper and respectful to your teacher.

Have you ever went somewhere and completely forgot to bring what you were coming there for. Yesterday I drove to the Huston’s to drop off my paper work and when I got there I realized I had left my paper work on the kitchen counter. Of course, so back home I went. Thankfully the drive is only about 10 or 15 minutes. Then I went to my aide meeting and then onto shopping for black leather loafer’s with a heel of less than 1 ½ inch heels. Normally when I shop for shoes I have an idea of what I want, but yesterday I felt completely clueless and uncertain about what I wanted. Nothing was perfect, but I found ones that will do the job.

Tonight I drove my sister to our junior leader 4-h meeting. We voted people into office tonight. Part of their job will be to sit with the 4-h advisors and plan out all of the events going on at our county’s 4-h fairgrounds. Junior leaders is not only a great way to get to know people from your county and state, but it also teaches you how to be a leader. You have to complete service projects, deliver presentations, have some sort of leadership in your 4-h group, take charge with certain 4-h functions going on all year round, and many other fun things. It is hard to believe my ninth year in 4-h out of the possible 10.

Sorry I am posting this a day late. I needed to go to sleep last night.

Monday night we went to the Gladura’s and I talked with Autumn and Maddie for a while and then me and Chandler talked for most of the rest of the night. We were able to watch most of the movie “Facing the Giants.” If you haven’t seen that movie or any of their movies, I would HIGHLY recommend them. I normally don’t care to watch for movies, but I like “Facing the Giants”, “Fireproof”, and “Courageous.” They are some of the few movies that actually keep my attention span and have meaning behind them. I’m not really a big movie watcher, but occasionally I will watch a movie as a relaxing evening activity.

Anyways I think that is all for now. Have a WONDERFUL day!

Taylor 

No new pictures L

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. I love hearing from you. You are so grown up now and I am still wanting to give you wagon rides. haha Oh well life has to go on. Hoping your year of school is not so hard.
    Love you... Gr. Rosie

    ReplyDelete