Monday 3 September 2012


 Monday, September 03, 2012

Yesterday was sooooooooooo much fun! My siblings can’t stop talking about how much fun they had. Today at lunch the only conversation was about last night’s activities. The family’s last name is the Sexauer’s and they have a big beautiful house with acres of grassy glory. It was raining when we arrived, but settled down by the time we left. They have nine people in their family, starting with Mr. David Sexauer and ending with little Natalie. I want to adopt Natalie as my own. She is the cutest, friendliest person you will ever meet. We have become best of friends over night. J Natalie is twins with Matthew, who I kept calling Joshua because he reminds me of a Joshua. Matthew is one of a kind. I wish I could post the birthday card he gave to his older brother because apparently the card is a good look into the little mind of Matthew. Joshua is the third youngest in the Sexauer family. He and Grayson seemed to be buddies for the night. Actually I didn’t see him very much during the night except to eat food, open presents, and an occasional glimpse while walking around the house. Then there is Erin, who is very sweet and quiet. She is the same age as Grayson, but if it wasn’t for my mom telling me that I would have said she was closer to Autumn’s age. She is very lady-like, well mannered, and had fun with Autumn and Natalie. Next comes Johnny, who I met last year in my mom’s financial class. He hung out with just about everyone. He seems to be quite sociable, which reminds me of Chandler, but he also has another side that I can’t quite put into words just yet. The second oldest is Charlie. I saw him even less than Joshua. I have heard a lot about him and yet I don’t believe I have ever spoken to him. I need to make another goal- I need to at least say “hello” to Charlie Sexauer. Last, but not least, the oldest Sexauer child, Jeremy or as my parents call him, “Taylor’s special friend.” This was his 17th birthday celebration. Normally he just has Grammy, Poppy, and possible other endearing family members, but this year he had our family, the three Rollins’ boys, Jarrett, his cousin Alex, and his Grammy and Poppy. We ate pizza and fruit and pulled pork. For dessert we ate refrigerator cake. It is apparently a Sexauer tradition and I don’t blame them for making it a tradition. It is exceptionally delicious. I HAVE to get that recipe. It is rich in flavor, but worth every bite, calorie, and repercussions for eating dairy and gluten, since I am lactose intolerant and possibly am allergic to gluten. While I was there I found a Smashing Pumpkins song I like. It is called “Galapogos.” What an interesting name. I know I didn’t give an explanation on Jeremy’s personality, but I have a lot I could say and need to think through how to best state it. He is extremely respectful to my parents, which means a lot. He also has a personal relationship with the Lord, can pick up a guitar or sit down at a piano and make something beautiful come forth, and is developing good leadership qualities by being a leader of his siblings and his friends. As I said before I have a lot I could say, but need to think of the best way to put it so this will have to suffice. In short, the adults talked all night while the kids hung out in the basement and outside. My family and I had fun and hope everyone else did.

I would post a picture of Jeremy along with his family if I had one to post, but I only have a picture of Natalie. I was kind of scared to take pictures because no one else was taking pictures, which is completely opposite of what we do at our parties. Here is little Natalie before she went to bed:

 

Well  I know this post is all about the Sexauer’s, but we are leaving for the Gladura’s house now, so there is no time to add more.

Your Friend,

Taylor

 

Fun Sexauer fact: When singing “Happy Birthday” they try to hold out the last note for as long as they possibly can.

1 comment:

  1. Taylor, You are such a special lady. You wrote the most wonderful letter to your dad and the most wonderful letter about your friends. I am so glad for a special girl like you. I wish we could still go to the Hornets Nest for ice cream. You always enjoyed when we'd go for a wagon ride. How fun that was...love you ..grandma R.

    ReplyDelete