Friday 19 October 2012


Friday, October 19, 2012

I took the PSAT on Wednesday. It felt like a breeze compared to the SAT. Math is definitely a strong suit of mine, since I am very confident that I got at least 95% of the math questions right. I would say I got 100% of them correct, although I don’t believe it is wise to make anything 100% if you haven’t gotten the results yet.

That night we went to 4-h and had elections. I have served as secretary for two years in a row now, but this year I had confidence enough to run for president. As I was waiting for the results to come in I looked out at all the kids and you can tell if someone voted for you because they would look up and make eye contact with you and flash a friendly smile. After a wait that felt like eternity, they announced that Taylor Good (me) would be the clubs new president. Yea!!! I have sooo many ideas to help our club; I don’t know where to start.

Today my friend Megan came over. We rarely get to see each other, but I love spending time with her. We have been friends since we were two years old. She is the only friend I have had that long. I wish we could spend more time together. L

Tonight I will start having a small birthday celebration, but most of the birthday happenings won’t be until next weekend. More on that latter.

I just got a Pinterest and if you have one I would love to be your friend. Also if you have any tips on good boards or pinners to look up, I am open to suggestions, Thanks.

Almost 17 year old,

Taylor

 

Fun Facts or Funny Things…

 

Things to-do in an elevator

1. Whistle the first seven notes of "It's a Small World" incessantly

2.                      Stand silent and motionless in the corner, facing the wall, without getting off

3.                      Make race car noises when anyone gets on or off

4.                      Greet everyone getting on the elevator with a warm handshake and ask them to call you Admiral

5.                      Stare, grinning, at another passenger for a while, and then announce: "I've got new socks on!"

6.                      Listen to the elevator walls with a stethoscope

7.                       Draw a little square on the floor with chalk and announce to the other passengers that this is your "personal space."

8.                      Carry a blanket and clutch it protectively

9.                      Pull your gum out of your mouth in long strings

10.              Start brushing off invisible bugs from your arms, screaming "Aaughh! Get them off!"

11.                 Laugh hysterically for five seconds, stop, and glare at the other passengers like they are crazy.

12.              Wrinkle your nose and smell the air repeatedly. Sniff at your neighbor suspiciously, give a disgusted frown, and take a step away

13.              Start a sing-along

 

Things to tell your boss if you wake up from being asleep on the job

1. "Boy, that cold medicine I took last night just won't wear off."

2.                      “I was testing the keyboard for drool-resistance."

3.                      "I'm actually doing a 'Stress Level Elimination Exercise Plan' (SLEEP) I learned at the last mandatory seminar you made me attend."

4.                      "They told me at the blood bank this might happen."

5.                      “I wasn’t sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm!”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment