Monday 2 July 2012

Monday, July 02, 2012

We watched fireworks over Lake Ontario last night. At the start of the night we always go to the bathroom so that no one has to go during the firework display. Well there was no toilet paper in the girl’s bathroom so I decided to go into the guy’s bathroom. My dad did not want to wait on me so he decided to go into the girl’s bathroom. My mom took pictures of us coming out of the bathrooms. Thanks mom :b We then walked out to the harbor and found a nice place in the grass to sit. Before the fireworks started everyone stood up and sang Canada’s national anthem, then a barge sounded its horn signaling the start of the fireworks. The fireworks were just as magical and amazing as usual. Today we moved into another Residence Inn. We couldn’t fit everything into our van. When you got into the van you felt like a sardine, there was NO room. Today everyone is celebrating Canada Day, except people at Chrysler. We had to drive all over to find a place we could eat lunch at because EVERYTHING is closed for the day. When Canadians take holiday, they really mean it. When we were driving around, the place looked desolate.

  •      So earlier I stated that their one dollar coin is called a “loonie” and that is because there is a loon on it and their two dollar coin is called a “toonie.” I guess this is because two loonie’s equal a toonie.
                                         Anticipating the joy!







                                      Where's Chandler???

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures of the fireworks!! And I love your STUFFED van.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling you don't have room for me. I see momma cat has moved her kitties again. I am amazed. There is no project to big for her:) I think we need to take some things home with us.???? We could stop and bring the bullet.
    We are staying inside, the heat is just too much. Oh do we need rain and a lower temp. I can't even sit on the deck very long. Ron swims 2-3 times a day.
    I don't expect any fireworks. I really don't care either way.
    Well you all stay cool and have fun paacking the van. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry I forgot to sign off.
      bye..grandma Rosie

      Delete