Friday 31 August 2012


Friday, August 31, 2012

Have you ever desired to live in your refrigerator?  Since my parents decided to save some money by turning off the air conditioning, I would kill for a night in the refrigerator. I feel as though I could take a shower hourly and still not become cooled off and unsweaty.

Today I didn’t do any school work, but instead went grocery shopping with my mom and then took my brother and sister to the Family Christian Bookstore. On Wednesday I took my siblings to Dairy Queen. It was the first time I drove the car without an adult. We obviously made it there and back safely. It was a new door of freedom. At first I claimed that I would never leave the house without an adult, but that didn’t last more than a couple of hours. It is wonderful to have the freedom to drive places and because my dad is not home I have been claiming his car as my own.

Normally we don’t do anything over Labor Day weekend to celebrate, but this year we were invited over for dinner and a birthday celebration on Sunday and either lunch or dinner on Monday. Daddy will also be home hopefully sometime before I go to bed tonight. Right now he is stuck in Labor Day traffic. Ugh!

I just got the Jamie Grace “One Song at a Time” CD and the Britt Nicole “Gold” CD. I have been waiting for them to go on sale. I absolutely LOVE Britt Nicole for both her words and music. I like Jamie Grace’s lyrics, but she is still too new for me to know whether I “LOVE” her or not. I have been listening to them constantly since I brought them home from the store, but I put them on my I-pod then I dropped my I-pod in the water while doing dishes. I think my I-pod is now officially done for. It is flickering on and off and won’t respond to my touch. I guess I did really want an I-phone although I haven’t saved up enough for one right now. I don’t know what I’m going to do.

Tonight we went to the pool for probably the last time in summer 2012. L Summer is officially ending and it is quite sad since summer is my absolute favorite season. I am looking forward to the scents of fall, fall traditions, and my 17th birthday. It is hard to believe I am going to be 17 this October. Just one year away from being considered an adult! Yikes!! I’m trying not to wish this time away, but it is going quicker than I ever imagined.
 My 1st drive...alone!!!





Well time for a Friday night movie with popcorn!!! J

TAYLOR R. GOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment