Tuesday 26 June 2012

Monday, June 25, 2012
Today we went to the Ontario Science Center. I was afraid that it was going to be juvenile, but I came to quickly realize that it was nothing but fun. My mom got a membership and I am so thankful for that because we were there for four hours and we didn’t even finish one out of six floors of fun. Of course we did eat lunch there and watch“To the Arctic” at the omnimax, so some of our time was occupied with those activities. I’ve never watched Star Trek, but today I got training on how to be a cadet. In the middle of the training a whole bunch of fur balls shot out at us, and one came right at Autumn’s face, and I caught another. I believe they were called tribits not flying fur balls. No matter what, when they exploded out everyone jumped out of their skin. I am now an official cadet and some little boy in the audience1 is going to be the first person to walk on Mars. After that I learned a lot about myself. I found out that high frequency noises stress me out and create a very quick pulse/ heartbeat. I learned about acupuncture, neurologists, cat scans, and much more. I and my mom sat on opposite sides of a blending mirror where you can blend your face with another person’s face. Well when you blended our faces they lined up so perfectly that you could barely tell that there were two different faces. We moved onto my favorite area that was specified for ages 14 and up. In this area I could have stayed for hours. Well I guess I could have in the other areas as well but this new area was unique. I was able to use my physics concepts to conquer some of the challenges, such as how do I power a fan using batteries, a switch, and wires. It was like a game and a worker was watching me and gave me even harder challenges, which I could not refuse from accepting. I cannot say how much fun I had there in words. I was so preoccupied with the museum fun that I forgot to take pictures, so you will have to go to our family blog to see pictures. Right now if you went outside you would be blown away by the wind. It is extremely windy and feels quite nice even though it is only 74 degrees.

                                          At the Omnimax Theater


                                     Chandler trying to fly

No comments:

Post a Comment