Wednesday 20 June 2012

Wednesday June 20, 2012
Today I went down to breakfast. I was the only one still in their pajamas. Mom took us on an African Safari. We had to drive through a large gate to enter the safari. Before you entered into the Safari gate you had to sign a waiver stating that you would be responsible to pay for any damage done to your vehicle by the animals. As you entered there were about twenty signs warning you to lock all doors and windows to your vehicle. We were able to see animals of every nationality up closer than ever before. There were baboons climbing on the car in front of us. In the middle of the Safari an ostrich came right up next to my mom’s window, where by then she proceeded to scream and move away from the door. The ostrich had crossed her line of personal space and freaked her out. Her reaction was priceless. I now have about a hundred close up pictures of wildlife. Oh great “nature.”JWe ate lunch there, watched elephants swim, enjoyed a bird show, took a train ride, and attempted to stay hydrated. Now we are taking the one-hour drive back to the hotel. Now that we are back at the hotel we will head downstairs for dinner then go for a swim. While we were swimming, Chandler made friends with a little boy from Egypt. The little boy had a younger brother, who followed me around, and we had great conversations about how the current in the pool circulates the water. Later in the night all the boys went out to play basketball. The little boys from Egypt had never seen a basketball little lone known how to play the sport. So it was more of a learning experience than a game, but fun all the same. I and my sister had our nightly talking time and after a bowl of ice-cream, I think I will be heading to bed.
Mr.Baboon taking a ride

Freak out!!!



Swimming elephant

Bird Show- Bald Eagle

Lunch!!!!

Petting Zoo


Awwww!!!! Love Birds!


Train Ride



QEW????? keep reading...



  • I kept wondering why all the interstate signs had the letters QEW on them. I realized that the interstate is called Queen Elizabeth Way.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun and exciting! We only get to go in the winter and then we only play the national sport of Canada... HOCKEY!! So we only see the hotel, local restaurants & the ice rink. I think I'll go with you guys next time ;)

    ReplyDelete