Monday 13 August 2012


Monday, August 13, 2012

Yesterday I went out for lunch with two friends of mine. It was a tradition that when we were younger “Auntie Jen” would take us to a restaurant and teach us to try new foods and learn new cultures. On Sunday we had a reunion. We went to a restaurant called Sonata where they only serve “tapas” which are a traditional food from Spain that mean “little rug.” No we did not eat little rugs, but rather enjoyed smaller portioned dishes. Between the three of us, we split 5 tapas.  There was the Empanada that had a flaky biscuit outside and a chimichurri sauce, the Risotto which had rice, vegetables, and was my personal favorite, the Giotto that looked too beautiful to eat, the Dedo de Pollo that had a most unique flavor with its bacon wrapped chicken placed on a dish with spicy apricots and apples, and the Pescado Mediterraneo which was tilapia with sautéed vegetables. We dined al fresco (outdoors), since it was a lovely day. For dessert we had Panna Cota. I’m not quite sure how to describe it other than it was smooth and sort-of custard like. Although I am not a big fan of custard, I did like this. After many hours of talking, our reunion had to come to a close. When I arrived home I decided to bake some banana bread. There is a really easy recipe at SimplyRecipe.com. Later that night the rest of my family came home. Today we worked on school, went grocery shopping, and I started preparing my notebooks for classes that start next week. Oh it seems to be coming up so quickly. Here are a few pictures...

 Empanadas
 Risotto
 Giotto
 Me (Taylor), Lindsay, Auntie Jen 
 Panna Cota
 Banana bread!!! Yum!!!
This is a friend of mine who has just left for college. Her name is Molly and I am ever so sad to see her go. She has always been someone who was there for me through it all. As it is hard to see her go, I know she is just begining a new part of life that will bring along new friends and memories. If you would pray for her, Abby, Nathan, and Luke that would be much appreciated. These are just a few of the people who will be starting off on thier own this year leaving thier parents and exploring the college life.
Your friend and sister in christ,
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment